Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2007

BroKen


This was My word a couple of weeks ago. Broken I don't know if I mentioned this already but I believe I learn things one word at a time. These words seem to envelop my mind while I am constant learning about my relationship to God and how he can speak to me so simply. In Beautiful Mind John Nash is Broken, he lets his mind take him to a place where he eventually is seeing fake people. It seems that if we don't get caught up in physical sinful pleasures and tangeble sinful pleasures it will go straight to our heads. Like Nash we all at some time let our brains go and let it control us. A wise guy once told me its like you have this barking dog in your head and you constantly have to keep telling him to sit and shut up or just ignore him. Nashe's eventual solution in the movie is to ignore those people in his head. In this program I am doing called the Linden Method, this is one of the 9 pillars that helps people reset their memory. The whole Idea of memory is so abundantly amazing to me because you can really cause some damage to yourself by doing something repetitively and making memories after memories, eventually creating bad "habits." You Break yourself and yes people influence you but you break yourself no one else. I have notice that a lot of frustrated and depressed people like heavy heavy metal music. I came across it the other day and something stuck me. I could not think at all there was so much noise that it completely took hold of my sub conscience and I was baffled at how clear my conscience was. No wonder so many guys listen to that at work it completely demoleshes the subconscious with Noise. I think if you let your subconscious go wandering around and not constantly keeping up on it it will take advantage of you and break you. It will manifest in some way weather it is how you feel or how you act or what you think about people and places. It will rule your life if you let it. I love this movie because he decides to fight his subconscious every day. We should all be doing this as well. Fight the good fight! More on this later.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So all I have to do is tell him to sit, i see.... haha. No I like what you have to say about fighting the sub conscious. Anyways, keep up the blogging, i think you have some great thoughts on here, and people enjoy reading them.

JerContact said...

I like the idea about Heavy Metal Music. I never thought why people listen to that stuff. There has to be a reason why people like certain music. Interesting...(and no, I still don't like that movie).